Thursday 5 January 2012

NZ Trout Diaries for Christmas

P1000730

A nasty virus grounded me over the festive season, so wrapping up warm I lost myself in a good book.  Full of interest, event and sound information they really don't come any they don’t really come any better than “The Trout Diaries” written by Derek Grzelewski.  A former guide, Derek takes you month by month through a fishing season in New Zealand.  And to say I became totally consumed would be an understatement.  A big fan of the crystal clear streams down under, I found myself wanting to be back there more than ever. What really does it though is how wonderfully crafted this book is.  An honest and philosophical account, you actually feel you're pacing a riverbank with the author, step by way.  Having digested every page from cover to cover, back to front and inside out, I’m fighting back powerful urges of jumping on a plane to fly some 12,000 miles and sample those huge spotted beauties……A must read even if you have little intention of visiting NZ.  Published by Bateman the book is now available from www.amazon.co.uk or www.amazon.com   

Paul~